Candy Cane Cookies & Chinese Christmas Cookies (recipes)
Candy Cane Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup finely crushed candy cane mixed with 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients, except the crushed candy/sugar mixture.
- Split dough into 2 equal portions.
- Color one portion of the dough red.
- Refrigerate the dough long enough to be able to easily work with it.
- Break off one piece (approx. one teaspoon of each color) and roll by hand into four to five inch tubes.
- Twist the two pieces together and bend forming a candy cane.
- Sprinkle the top with the candy cane/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes.
Be careful when removing from the cookie sheet, they will break easily.
Chinese Christmas Cookies
Makes 4 dozen cookies
6 ounces semi-sweet morsels
6 ounces butterscotch morsels
2 1/2 ounces chow mein noodles
7 1/4 ounces salted peanuts (without skin)
- Melt morsels in microwave in large bowl.
- Add noodles and nuts.
- Drop on waxed paper by teaspoonful.
- Chill in fridge.