Almond Pine Nut Cookies & Andes Candies Cookies
Almond Pine Nut Cookies
Makes 28 cookies
7 ounces almond paste (cut into small pieces)
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together almond paste, sugar, and 1 egg white in medium-size bowl until smooth.
- Beat in second egg white, then vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour until dough forms.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared sheets.
- Cover each cookie with pine nuts, about 1/2 teaspoon each.
- Bake in top third of oven until edges are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on sheet on cooling rack.
Andes Candies Cookies
Makes 10 dozen
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 cups chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 boxes Andies candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In sauce pan over low heat, melt butter; add sugar and water.
- Then add chocolate chips. Stir until partially melted.
- Remove from heat; stir , then cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and dry ingredients; mix with a mixer on low speed until blended.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Make into little balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-13 minutes.
- While still hot, put Andie's candy mint on each cookie, let it get soft then swirl mint with spoon.
- Cool on baking rack.